My new blog

My blog has moved to www.davehunter.co.uk/blog see you there.

Wednesday 8 August 2007

SharePoint 2007 Hotfix KB 936867

I recently had problems when the security inheritance was broken for a document library on a WSS site for a MOSS 2007 installation. After raising a support request Microsoft issued a hot fix. The hotfix package also addresses KB 934577, 935958, 937038.

I received an email from "ISA IT Department" on this post http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=1881157&SiteID=1. He was receiving forbidden errors from SharePoint, after installing the hot fix 936867 all issues were fixed.

I would recommend anyone experiencing issues with security to request this hotfix. Always backup the SharePoint SQL Server databases and do a complete farm SharePoint backup before installing. The hotfix at the time of downloading it hasn't been fully regression tested yet so backup the SharePoint environment first.

No comments: